Our primary goal is to ensure that 100% of our scholars graduate from a four-year college with employable skills, valuable knowledge, and the internal character traits to see them through life’s challenges.
What Makes ACCS Different?
- We are a tuition free, public charter school – open to all students.
- We are invested in the potential of every child.
- We focus intensely on literacy and mathematics, across the content areas.
- We use data to evaluate instruction and scholar progress.
- More time + excellent educators = academic achievement.
- Every scholar is on the path to college.
- We provide daily tutoring and student supports.
- We communicate frequently and consistently with families.
- We are culture driven–and our culture is structured and positive.
- Every child can succeed.
- Hard work yields achievement.
- Closing the achievement gap is not possible without high expectations for all.
- In personalizing education.
- That building relationships with families is key to a child’s success.
- A small school environment with 300 scholars in our middle school program and roughly 350 in our high school program.
- Classes between 23-28 scholars for grades 6-9, between 15 - 20 for grades 10 -12
- 90 minutes of literacy, math, and targeted supports—daily (middle school)
- 7-year Financial Literacy Program to teach critical skills for both business and personal finance.
- Complete courses for science and social studies.
- Physical education, fine arts, and organizational skills classes.
- Enrichment and Sports programs including:
- Intramural basketball for boys and girls
- Running Club
- Gardening Club
- Choral Club
- Etiquette Club
- Drum Line
- Anime Club
- Yoga Club
- Chess Club
- Art Club
- Cinema Club
- Scholar Council (student government)
- Scholar High School Planning Committee, and more…
- “All School Community Meetings” to celebrate students’ successes.
- Longer school days and year to help students “catch up” and “get ahead.”
- School uniforms to build a culture of respect, pride, and community.
- A seamless middle to high school program.
- College Skills Program and advisors to help students stay on course for high school graduation, college readiness, and college acceptance.